A firewall is a network security system that monitors and controls the incoming and outgoing network traffic based on predetermined security rules. A firewall typically establishes a barrier between a trusted, secure internal network and another outside network, such as the Internet, that is assumed not to be secure or trusted.
So, a firewall is an essential tool that protects your systems, business and your clients too. Data loss and corporate espionage are potentially enormous threats and you cannot afford to take chances with the security of your networks. iData can ensure that your firewall is kept up-to-date and performs as effectively as possible.
Firewalls work by examining packets of data as they pass through a network – if the packet abides by the firewall’s rules then it can pass through, but if it breaks any of the rules then it won’t be allowed through. That is why a properly configured firewall is so effective and essential to the security of your business.
At iData, we can manage your company’s firewall. A firewall is a powerful tool in its own right, but if it is proactively managed then the full benefits can be achieved. By adopting a blended approach to all types of security threats, we will ensure that your data is safe from potential breaches. iData works closely with industry leading firewall providers, including global leader Cyberoam.
The benefits of a firewall
- Can be configured to prevent your employees from putting potentially sensitive information in outgoing emails or other forms of communications.
- Can prevent employees from accessing certain sites, like social media, or sites of questionable content. This can help productivity.
- Sets up a defence to stop computers outside your network from accessing your files and sending malicious software to attack your files. Also, protects from viruses that employees may accidentally introduce into your system.
- Adaptable to changing business needs and new additions to your wireless network. New applications can be safely deployed without the risk of viruses or Trojans entering your network. A wide variety of applications can be safely integrated into the firewall such as email from clients, VoIP and multimedia programs.
- Monitor what is being sent from and received by machines on your network – you can log this to see where the busiest parts of the traffic are and whether hardware needs upgrading to handle the traffic. You can also use the logs to see if there are any suspicious patterns emerging of which you should be concerned about.
- Firewalls on each of your devices means that should a virus get into your network; it won’t be able to spread from device to device.
- Huge potential for configuration means that you can set up different access rights for different users. For example, your IT specialist would be able to access certain files, but other employees would not be able to. In addition, tablets and laptops can be set up to have more stringent protections when used on public networks away from the work environment. We can set all of this up for you to make sure that you are properly covered.
You can never afford to take any risks when your business’ security is concerned. There are so many reasons to use iData to set up and manage your firewall – we are experts in networks and security and our team is dedicated to the protection of your business.
Amelia Knight Testimonial
“ It is so good to actually have an IT company that everyone likes working with and offers a one stop shop for so many services!!
Here’s to the next 3 years!! ”