A firewall is an absolutely essential tool in the protection of your business and clients. Data loss and corporate espionage are enormous threats and you cannot take chances when your security is involved. iData will ensure that your firewall is kept up-to-date and is the most effective that it can possibly be.
Firewalls work by examining packets of data as they pass through a network – if the packet abides by the firewall’s rules then it can pass through, but if it breaks any then it won’t be allowed through. That’s why a properly configured firewall is so effective and essential to your business’ security.
iData provide comprehensive management for your company firewall. A firewall is a powerful tool by itself, but if effectively managed by a team of experts, its full defensive potential will be unleashed. By adopting a blended approach to all types of security threats, we’ll make sure that your data is safe from potential breaches. iData work closely with many leading industry experts including Cyberoam, a global leader.
Benefits of a firewall:
- Can be configured to prevent your employees from putting potentially sensitive information in outgoing emails or other forms of communications.
- Can prevent employees from accessing certain sites, like social media, or sites of questionable content. This can help productivity.
- Sets up a defence to stop computers outside of your network from accessing your files and sending malicious software to attack your files. Also protects from viruses that employees may accidentally introduce into your system.
- Can adapt to changing business needs and new additions to your wireless network. New applications can be safely deployed with no fear of viruses or trojans getting into your network via these. A wide variety of applications can be safely integrated into the firewall, from email clients, to VoIP and multimedia programs.
- Monitor exactly what is being sent from and received by machines on your network – you can log this to see where the busiest parts of the traffic are and whether hardware needs upgrading to handle the traffic. You can also use the logs to see if there are any suspicious patterns emerging of which you should be concerned about.
- Firewalls on each of your devices means that should a virus get into your network, it won’t be able to spread to each of your devices.
- Huge potential for configuration means that you can set up different access rights for different users, so your IT specialist can access certain files, but your other employees won’t be able to. Also, work laptops can be set up to have more stringent protections when used on public networks outside of work. We can set all of this up for you to make sure that you are properly covered.
You can never afford to take any risks when your business’ security is concerned. There are so many reasons to use iData to set up and manage your firewall – we’re experts on networks and security and our team is dedicated to the protection of your business.