Server Racks and Patch Panels
Server racks are such useful bits of kit to have in your office. Servers are always such a mess of hardware and wires that you need a rack to order it neatly and make it usable in any meaningful way. Here at iData we know that a neat office really encourages work and professionalism and that’s why server racks and patch panel supply and installation are such important arms of our business services.
Great selection of products
iData supplies a brilliant range of attractive server racks that offer a selection of features tailored to suit your business needs. Importantly, all of our server racks are designed to accommodate the original equipment manufacturers’ servers, such as HP and Dell, so you can be sure that it’ll all fit together alright. We also offer installation services, because we know how tricky a process it can be and want to make sure that your system will work properly from the start.
Racks can accommodate standard sized components, so you can buy other network hardware that fits into them. You can get rack mountable firewalls and network switches – iData want to help you organise and manage your hardware. Centralise all of the components of your network to make life easier for the IT technicians.
iData also provides patch panels – another very useful component to have as part of your local network. Basically, it’s a wallboard mounted piece of hardware that serves as a central location to run all your wires through. The wires are most often Ethernet cables for LAN (Local Area Network) and WAN (Wide Area Network).
The patch panel allows circuits to be arranged and rearranged by plugging and unplugging the patch cords. This is so useful to prevent a tangle of wires trailing all across your office floor, which is at best, an annoyance, and at worst, a real trip hazard. Also, this easy plugging and unplugging allows you to experiment with layouts and orders to get the absolute best from your network and really make a difference to your business.
Advantages of server racks and patch panels:
- Help businesses manage IT assets. Never get buried in cables again.
- Use them to merge servers and keep them organised.
- Make the most of valuable space by collecting up wires and stacking up components. If your office is on the smaller side, then a server rack is a brilliant way to save floor space.
- Ensures that individuals can access the IT equipment stored inside. Equipment is laid out neatly in an easy to access way.
- Offer better security. Centralise your server and make sure that you know where it is.
- Remove potential trip hazards. Keep your employees and visitors safe in an office that looks neat and professional.
- Functionality. Collecting all the wires up together, putting your servers in racks and using patch panels will make using and configuring your network much easier.
- Ease of installation. Racks and patch panels are designed to make things easier for you in terms of installation and functionality.